Gold is measured in karat weight. 24 karat gold is yellow in colour and is the purest form you can buy. Because it is very soft, gold is usually mixed with other metals to make it harder wearing and provide different colours. The karat weight indicates the percentage of gold in the mixture e.g. 18k gold has 18 parts of gold out of 24 or is 75% pure gold. Different karat weights generally seen include 18K, 14K or 9K. Unless otherwise stated all our jewellery is manufactured in 9K yellow, white or rose gold.
Country of Origin: Transvaal, Australia, Canada, PNG
Sterling Silver is a mixture or alloy of silver and other metals, usually copper, to give it strength. It contains at least 92.5% silver. Jewellery made from sterling silver is usually stamped with the word Sterling or .925.
Country of Origin: Norway, Australia, Canada, Chile
Tungsten Carbide - a truly masculine metal - harder than nails or steel
Tungsten is one of the hardest metals known to man, and is normally used in the cutting points of masonry drills and cutters, and recently it was discovered that this metal can also be used to make scratch resistant jewellery. The metal has a nice heavy weight and beautiful silver grey lustre.
Tungsten means heavy-stone and is derived from the Swedish word tung-sten. Tungsten is extremely hard and is the only metal that can be permanently polished. It is created from a process that blends Tungsten and Carbide powders together at very high temperatures, around 1350 degrees Celcius. This impressively hard metal alloy allows for a completely perfect, scratch proof, polished mirror finish; or where required a permanent textured finish created during its manufacture. The physical properties of Tungsten exhibit a hard and robust metal, with colours ranging through steel-grey to white.
Ten reasons why you should choose tungsten jewellery
1. Tungsten is modern and stylish.
2. Tungsten is very affordable.
3. Tungsten is the hardest metal in the world; that makes it tough wearing.
4. Tungsten Carbide is virtually scratch resistant.
5. Tungsten will always keep its lustre; the pieces will never have to be polished.
6. Tungsten does not react to the acids in your body so you won't have an allergic reaction.
7. Tungsten jewellery can only be engraved with diamond tip tools; The engraving will never wear off.
8. Tungsten will never lose its shape or colour.
9. Tungsten is 2-3 times heavier than silver.
10. Tungsten is 10 times harder than 18k gold, 5 times harder than tool steel and 4 times harder than Titanium.
All bracelets are 100% Australian made and come with a 10-year manufacturer's guarantee. We have ten different types of bracelet link: box, belcher, curb, double curb, fancy, figaro 1+1, figaro 3+1, gate, open curb and singapore. Lengths include 19cm (women) and 21cm (men). Bracelets come in five different thicknesses: ultra light, light, medium, heavy and extra heavy. Gram weights are approximate only. Clasps may be parrot, bolt ring or padlock. Materials include sterling silver, 9K yellow, white or rose gold or multigold. Some bracelets can be made for you in 10, 14 or 18K gold. Please contact us if you have any special requests.
All chains are 100% Australian made and come with a 10-year manufacturer's guarantee. We have ten different types of chain link: box, belcher, curb, double curb, fancy, figaro 1+1, figaro 3+1, gate, open curb and singapore. Lengths include 40cm, 45cm (collarbone length), 50cm (medium length) and 55cm. The chains come in five different thicknesses: ultra light, light, medium, heavy and extra heavy. We recommend ultra light for pendants. Gram weights are approximate only. Clasps may be parrot, bolt ring or padlock. Materials include sterling silver, 9K yellow, white or rose gold or multigold. Some chains can be made to order in 10, 14 or 18K gold. Please contact us if you have any special requests.
Thumb rings have a rich history. The thumb is associated with a person's strength of will. In astrology the thumb is associated with Venus. Thumb rings can be worn by both men and women. In the 1500s and 1600s it is said that thumb rings were worn by soldiers and doctors. In the late 1600s the wedding ring was often worn on the thumb. It was also common centuries ago for women to wear their husbands wedding rings on their thumbs when they left for battle or died. Mongol archers wore thumb rings made out of horn, jade or other precious stones to protect the thumb while drawing the string. We have a selection of sterling silver thumb rings with anchor, heart, cross, wave and tick designs.
Lovelinks by Pastiche
- Design and create your own charm bracelet or necklace.
- All links made of sterling silver. Some plated in 22ct gold.
- Some Lovelinks decorated with Murano glass or cubic zirconias.
- Lovelinks bead charms fit 360 Degrees, Bacio, Biagi, Chamilia, Lovelinks, Pandora, Pash-Beads, Tedora and Trollbeads bracelets and necklaces.